I guess, I have to repeat this each time I make a review. For everyone’s sake, right?
Warning! A not English native speaker here. That’s why, please understand if you find any grammatical error. Oh, and Please put this in mind that these reviews based on my personal point of view. If anyone disagree, feel free to tell me your opinion. Just remember to use the proper language (Be polite and friendly) so that everyone will be happy at the end. Ok!
Sorry for missed the last week review. Real life problems got in the way. I’ll just compile all the review in one post because I won’t make a long shot review this time, just the point for each manga. (Bleach 528, Naruto 622, One Piece 700, and Kuroko No Basket)
For this one, if you’ve read my last post in Bleach 527, you’ll know I said, Bleach were going back to square one and lookie, Kubo actually did bring us back there. Back to the emo Ichigo (Gah, I’ve seen that enough already).
One thing for sure, I think this chap make all the IchiHime fangirl scream their pairing name out loud through the Ichiruki fandom. Well first, they got Inoue’s panel when Ichigo remember his friend and I bet they also happy when Ichigo mention Inoue’s name first. The second reason was probably the same old “Inoue resambles Ichigo’s mother” thought.
I won’t argue much about the panel thingy because Rukia usually got the same panel. So, do Kubo really intent to make Ichihime canon with this panel or is it only fanservice. (Only Kubo knows). And for “Inoe looks like Ichigo’s mother”, well, in manga, looks is just a matter of mangaka’s style. One or more character usually has the same look with the other character. And please, that’s aside, even if they were similar to the bone, loving someone just because he/she looks like your dear person isn’t right, isn’t it? (I mean, you should love person for who they are). So, unless Kubo can write something convincing an subtle enough in regard of IchiHime, till then, FOR ME, they are not a canon pairing.
Okay, pairing matter aside. Some points I got from this chapter:
- Ichigo’s rain pouring like, AGAIN.
- I kind of miss something. Was Izumi telling Ichigo that she was her sister (I might got the translation wrong).
- Ichigo’s father will tell the truth. I just wondering, why the right time is now? I mean, why not telling him when he lost his power after the fight with Aizen? Because Kubo wanted to? When your son telling you to tell all the secret when you feel like it, doesn’t mean you have to wait until he was depressed enough to run from house, right? That’s why I didn’t like this kind of set up.
- Ichigo’s mother was a quincy. This isn’t surprise me at all. Somehow I already predicted this scenario. Then the next things Kubo Sensei probably should connect is Aizen’s plotting from the start of the series (I got the feeling Aizen knows everything), Ishida’s father, Quincy annihilation, what make the quincy defies soul society from the start?, a probability that Soul society might have dark an awful secret, the reason why urahara and Isshin kicked out from Soul Society, an the recent Quincy invasion. Also, hopefully kubo somehow can connect the organization Ichigo got his power back after defeat Aizen (I forgot their name) because I hate that their power quite cool and mysterious but, there was further explanation about them (They look like a filler). If I know all this things, then I might get what bleach real plot is (Then it was the end of Bleach, I guess. hehe). Bleach definitely going to kick ass with their plot if kubo manage to connect this entire thing beautifully. (I miss Kubo Sensei plot twist).
- And as for this chapter, I must say I’m a little disappointed. We’ve already come a long way and seeing Ichigo once again being depressed over not becoming Shinigami, made me sick. Really Kubo? Ichigo’s lose his power or being ridicule for not having power etc had been play out a lot, right? So why not make the main hero learn a bit from the past and instead running and get depressed by his current situation, isn’t better and show more character development if he just face his problem by meet his father eyes instead of running under the rain. Why it has to be his father who confront him (well, honestly I’m not too fond with the “I’ll tell you all the stories” kind of thing)
My statement above mostly just a mere suggestions. It is up to Kubo what he’s going to do with his manga, of course. Well, I guess will just have to wait where this “Ichigo’s root” will lead us to.
This one has no many progress, I think. Lets see. First, Hashirama is easily turn gloomy (That was so cute.(I say cute for funny things now)).
Second, we are introduced to senju family – A very cold and hard father, Hashirama, Tobirama, and Itarama (Itarama is the combination of the first and the second hence the hair. I mean, what the heck Kishimoto sensei? I know they were brothers but still, what’s with Itarama hairstyle. Maybe Kishimoto didn’t care that much since he won’t be long on Naruto. Haha, just saying).
It was quite sad seeing the little and the weakest one died first and by such a selfish war. We see here what Hashirama Sama wanted was peaceful Ninja World that can be achieved through agreement and negation not just stupid war that even sacrifice kids.
Third, have I told you, I love the old Madara. He were a nice and considerate kid. I love the panel when he force Hashirama to share his problem (Really, back then those kids are too funny together).
I only got those three point for this chapter (many pages didn’t guarantee many development, right). If there anyone who wants to add more, don’t hesitate to share :)! For now, lets just wait what’s on the next flashback.
ONE PIECE 700
Now onto one of my favorite, One Piece. This chapter mostly introduce new characters just by their name and some parts of their body (Marines, Sichibukai, and Doflamigo subordinate). Nice way to make us wondering.
I don’t know if the new guy is a really new character or just someone we already saw somewhere in the past chapters (Remember when Dragon revealed as Luffy’s father. We saw Dragon firs in Logue Town before they enter Green Line and we learn his name waaaaaay after. That’s one of the reasons why I love One Piece. Even after hundreds of chapters past, Oda never forget to bring them back in the future and not just as a side story but as the important one. That’s nice writing, right?).
And as I thought Kinemon will play some big part in this arc. I don’t know for how long. Whether it is until his mysterious nakama free or until Straw Hat VS Kaidou. And since it is One Piece we are talking about, everything is definitely worth waiting.
Beside the new characters coming up, I’m now also curious to see how strong the marines are under Akainu‘s command (well, the good marines still the same). Ah, I almost forgot. The Sichibukai. What sureprise me the most is, well you know, Buggi The Clown. What the heck, I thought Akainu was smart but after seeing Buggi there, I don’t know anymore (comedy is one of One Piece’s genre, of course).
I know he was there to replace Moria but, I think taking people shadows was scarier to face then someone who can split his body. Hey, maybe Buggy getting strong too after two years, who knows? This whole thing about Marines, Shicibukai, the Underworld and taking down one of the emperor look more serious and interesting now. Really, can wait to see that happen.
Next chapter, new adventure at Dressrosa. The confrontation between Straw Hat + Law VS Doflamingo Fraction. Can’t wait for that.
KUROKO NO BASKET 200-203
I haven’t do any review for this one since chapter 199. Well, one of the reasons was how draggy the match was. Waiting week after week saying Kuroko will stop Kise and the match will end but in the end just repeat the same technique and strategies was really disappointing. And honestly, I don’t like the end that much. It was lack of “WAW” factor (remember, this is my point of view).I won’t say much on this though.
Now what we are waiting for the next chapter on. First, continue from the latest chapter. Kuroko going to reveal Generation Of Mirecles past (I am waiting for this since first chapter. So, I’m excited). But, I did not like how Koroko was saying “I’m going to tell you the past of Kiseki No Sedai”. Like I said in my Bleach review. I didn’t like when some character wanted to tell a flashback the word they say “It’s time to tell you everything” or “I’ll tell you everything now” kind of thing.I think, it was the way writer deliver the past story that bother me. I PREFER something that we could deduce by ourselves.
The second thing we need to wait was Seirin VS Teikou. I was wondering, is this match will become the last match for Kuroko No Basket? (Well, unless Seirin lose this match, that means they will make payback to Akashi in another championship. Or Kuroko might be extended for abroad game just like Captain Tsubasa). Whatever it is, I hope in the future, the match will me more exciting and breathtaking.
So, for the next chapters on, lets wait for some Generation Miracles backstories, some practice, some new techniques, and the the big match.
That was not too long, right? And I hope I can update my review as soon as the mangas updated tomorrow. Well, thank you for reading 🙂
- Masaki Kurosaki is a Quincy!! – Bleach 528 (dailyanimeart.com)